Quickies: 90210 gets (a little) gayer and Baywatch busts onto the big screen
By Jessanne Collins
Photo: Getty Images
> Rumer Willis (above) is set to play "a punky lesbian at
the school newspaper" (yes!) on an episode (no!) of 90210 this fall. A single episode!?! Combined with last season's 5-minute plot line about a bisexual cheerleader, that's a whole lot of ... lame lesbian lip service. Not that we've, like, watching, or anything.
> The professional funeral haters of Westboro
Baptist Church will not be letting anyone rest in peace as they picket Michael Jackson's memorial service in L.A. today. Meanwhile in the Hamptons, Andy Warhol's 1984 portrait of Jackson is on auction; scoop it up if you have an extra few million lying around.
> No era of ironic remakes would be complete with out a comedic Baywatch reprise, so it's hardly surprising that that's happening. The script by Jeremy Garelick (The Break-Up, The Hangover), "focuses on two unlikely lifeguard candidates trying to
catch on alongside the buff bodies that will be as abundant in the film
as they were in the TV series."
Previously > Will the Real Brüno Please Stand Up?
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'