Our Lives Would Suck Without Kelly Clarkson
By Gregory Evan Miller
Kelly Clarkson, first season winner of American Idol and bona fide pop star, has just released the brand spanking new video for her third single, "Already Gone," from her album All I Ever Wanted. If the song sounds eerily familiar, it may be because you've heard it as the exit music when someone is kicked off of Idol's dance equivalent, So You Think You Can Dance.
As far as choosing singles goes, it's a respectable choice, though I would prefer she had released the much more dance floor ready "If I Can't Have You." Even so, it makes sense that she's chosen a slower paced song to complement the first two up-beat singles, "My Life Would Suck Without You" and "I Do Not Hook Up."
The song is typical Kelly fashion -- you know, angry P!nk-esque lyrics like "Didn't come to hurt you, now I can't stop." The video, though, is far more Britney-esque -- you know, lots of "Oh! Pretty!" and not much of anything deeper than that. But after all, it's mainstream pop, people! What more do you want?
Oh, and in case the video doesn't give you enough Kelly-fill for your day, never fear! She recently announced a tour that starts now and goes through December.
Previously > A Celebration of Madonna
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Tegan And Sara Call Miley Cyrus 'This Generation's Madonna'
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out