Terrorists Threaten Sacha Baron Cohen
By Jessanne Collins
Lots of people hated Brüno. Some of them hated it so much they want to kill Sacha Baron Cohen -- and we're not talking about Paula Abdul. Ayman Abu Aita of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (see also Brüno's "dirty wizard/homeless Santa" punchline) is officially the least amused of Baron Cohen's unamused targets. Or at least, he's the least amused who also happens to be billed as the head of a suicide-bombing terrorist organization with a thing about honor.
"We reserve the right to
respond in the way we find suitable against this man," reads a statement issued by the group to a journalist in Jerusalem. "The movie
was part of a conspiracy against the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades."
Abu Aita, who claims to no longer be involved with the Martyrs' Brigade, says he was tricked into appearing in the film (there's one new club he can join) and is preparing legal action against Baron Cohen on the grounds that the terrorist jokes made at his expense could get him "in trouble with the Israelis and
that the homosexual association could get him killed by the Palestinians."
In response to this mess-with-the-bull-get-the-horns moment Baron Cohen (who's already pretty well-staffed in the legal department) has stepped up his personal security force.
Photo: Getty Images
Previously > Brüno Draws Passionate Mixed Reviews
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional