Katie Holmes gets down on So You Think You Can Dance
By Gregory Evan Miller
Last night I braced myself for what was bound to be the disaster of all disasters: human-android-Tom Cruise's-possibly-(probably?)-hired-wife Katie Holmes performing on last night's 100th episode of So You Think You Can Dance.
To my surprise, girl didn't just dance -- she sang -- and with a full Broadway set surrounding her. Impressive yes, but painfully obviously pre-recorded. Really So You Think You Can Dance producers? A hyped performance that lasts roughly three minutes and was taped who knows how long ago? Sigh. Do I have to think of everything in Hollywood these days?
Regardless, Holmes is not nearly as terrible as you'd think. Watch the vid above to see her maneuver her way through the Judy Garland classic, "Get Happy." The voice (possibly Katie's, possibly Katie plus Autotune) is not half bad, and the snazzy back-up dancers make the whole thing seem a tad more legit.
The verdict? Thumbs up to Katie for stepping outside the box. Thumbs down to the show's producers for not finding a real diva to do the job.
Previously > So You Think You Can Dance Ramps it Up
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series