The 2009 Emmy Nominations Are In!
By Gregory Evan Miller
Photo: Getty Images
The Emmy's are coming, the Emmy's are coming! Yay! Nominations for the 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards were announced this morning, and, surprise, surprise, they look eerily familiar to last year's list.
Last year's big winners 30 Rock and Mad Men garnered 22 and 16 nominations, respectively. The two shows won for Best Comedy and Best Drama, and judging by the similarities to 2008's picks, it seems they'll do it again.
More notable, however, comes the news that the number of nominees per category has increased from five to six. Interesting, yes, but not surprising given that the Academy Awards recently announced it will increase the number of nominees for its Best Picture from five to a whopping ten. Just another ploy to make money...
Also newsworthy to the gay world: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List has once again been nominated for Outstanding Reality Program. Only time will tell if she can beat out those jerks at Antiques Roadshow.
For a list of nominees in the major categories, click here. And if you care about all the unimportant stuff, click here for a complete list of all nominees in all categories.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection