Zach Galifianakis Brings the Joy to The Hangover
By Jessanne Collins
Galifianakis is not remotely gay, but he likes to wear jock straps and take off his pants a lot during this movie, so who am I to judge his sexuality? This is perhaps the real reason I like dumb dude comedies -- they tend to come with lots of nudity. I saw Borat in a theater full of cringing, queasy straights, while I giggled at naked Sasha Baron Cohen wrestling with that daddy bear and chasing him through the hotel conference room (it could have easily been inspired by an incident at International Mr. Leather).
The Hangover is not a secretly savvy comedy, nor does it have a very tender heart, it's simply a party hard ride. But if you have a secret stash of Adam Sandler and Chris Farley DVDs and a straight buddy with whom you need to spend quality bromance time, you’ll be rewarded with a few good quotable lines and lots of hairy chests.
--A. RAYMOND JOHNSON
Previously > Hummer: Bat For Lashes' "Pearl's Dream"
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet