The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Yes.
By Jessanne Collins
Just when June in Chelsea was starting to feel a little dreary, a proverbial fairy godmother arrives with enough sugar and sprinkles to make everything right. Her name is the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck, and she's one of those things we didn't realize was missing from our lives but in retrospect we're not sure how we lived without. "Serving the queerest dairy treats in NYC," the truck is helmed by bassoonist and doctoral student Doug Quint and will offer standard ice cream truck offerings with a little bit of sass -- a cha-cha soundtrack and foodie-friendly toppings like olive oil and sea salt, Nutella, and bacon. (Perhaps even some quiche a la mode?) Depending on the weather, the BGICT should be hitting the road in the neighborhood any day now. You can track its progress on Twitter, and, in the meantime, outfit yourself, your children, and of course, your petite pups in its signature rainbow-swirl.
Previously > NewFest Kicks Off Today
Image via Facebook
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Modern Love: Could Looking Be a Gay TV Show About the Rest of Us