Quickies: Gay TV Tuesday
By Jessanne Collins
> Chace Crawford, future Footloosian, thinks tabloid rumors of romance between himself and his Gossip Girl co-star and real life best friend Ed Westwick are "crappy" but he doesn't let them get in the way of a good time. "You know what we really
did the first time we heard it? Ed goes, 'Oh, did you
hear that rumor about us being gay?' I was like,
'Yeah, man.' He starts laughing and we're kind of like,
'Okay, you want to go play pool and have a beer?' "
> A One Life to Live actress has been replaced because she protested the upcoming gay storyline between Officer Fish (Scott Evans) and Kyle
(Brett Claywell). Producers apparently wanted Patricia Mauceri's character, Carlotta Vega, to play a supportive role in the budding gay relationship; Mauceri "objected to Carlotta’s positive attitude because it
conflicts with her personal beliefs."
> On tonight's episode of The Cleaner, A&E's "inspired by a true story" mega-drama about an extreme interventionist played by Benjamin Bratt, a father grapples with having lost his gay son to war. This tearjerker airs at 10 P.M. EDT/PDT.
Photo: Getty Images
Previously > Transformers 2: Just as bad as you've heard
READER COMMENTS (
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out