Move over Papyrus: Amy Winehouse to design giftwrap?
By Jessanne Collins
Today in total randomness, it's rumored that Amy Winehouse, who's on a kind of perma-vacation in St. Lucia, has signed a deal that would result in a line of greeting cards and wrapping paper themed on her songs of heartbreak and woe. Says the ever-reputable Sun, "The first item in the Winehouse range will be wrapping paper with
the chorus of Rehab emblazoned all over it. The Amy-branded cards are classy too. You Know I’m No Good
is best for heartfelt apologies and Back To Black, with an appropriate
wreath, will be the respectful response to a bereavement."
Obviously the "going (or not going) to rehab" gift market has been heretofore lacking in appropriate paper goods. How good (and by good we mean "not good") would it be to give somebody a failed-intervention consolation bottle of Hennessey all done up in "No, no, no" paper!? This is one of those "news" items that invokes two simultaneous and confusing responses: "This is far too ridiculous to be true," and "OMG, I'd totally buy that."
Photo: Getty Images
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary