Tim Gunn, Superhero
By Jessanne Collins
Forget sad old weird Project Runway 2.0. Our hero Tim Gunn has a new starring role -- in the Marvel Comics series Models Inc. Trading his signature suits for a bespoke ensemble of red-and-gold armor, Marvel's Gunn will fight for justice for the vintage fashion-oriented Marvel character Millie the Model, who's been accused of murder.
"Involving flesh-and-blood people like Gunn in the action-packed doings
of heroes like Iron Man and Spider-Man is a Marvel tradition, [writer Paul] Tobin
points out. 'It’s inherent in our creations that they live in the real
world,' he says."
The four-issue series debuts in August. Looks like this won't be your everyday wardrobe makeover, but we're confident Gunn can make it work.
Previously > The Fashion Show is the New Project Runway
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series