Saved by the Bell Cast Might Maybe Sorta Reunite. Ish.
By Jessanne Collins
Just yesterday, Noah and I were having a conversation (inspired by this incredible token of Saved by the Bell devotion) about which Bayside High student we'd make out with (if so-doing were required by law). For the record, we both picked Lisa Turtle (Tiffani-Amber was never our type, and Jessie Spano, well, she's just too excited and too scary) out of the girls and Zack (because he's Zack!) out of the boys. But whew, talk about seven painfully awkward moments in a painfully awkward heaven made of brightly-painted cardboard.
All of this is especially relevant because today we find that there's a movement of sorts afoot -- a campaign spearheaded by the king of painfully awkward moments himself, Jimmy Fallon, to reunite the SBTB cast in honor of the show's 20th reunion. Mr. Belding is down! Of course. He'd be down for pretty much anything, we can tell. And it sounds like Mark-Paul Gosselaar himself might be game, but isn't Dustin Diamond busy filming porn or something?
Meanwhile, at post-time nearly 30,000 people had expressed their cyber-support for the idea by signing a web petition. So on second thought, this isn't just a movement, it's a downright populist revolution.
-- JESSANNE COLLINS
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'