Hummer: "Total Esclipe Of The Heart" -- the literal version
By Noah Michelson
This is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've seen all year. You're probably thinking, "Yeah, yeah, whatever," but really. Seriously. This. Is. The. Funniest. Thing. I've. Seen. All. Year. And after seeing it -- and howling and swatting away the big plashy tears that were rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard I thought I might throw up -- I wondered:
- 1) Who knew the video for this song was so f-in' cracked out? I mean, yes -- people did a lot of drugs in the '80s -- but really? REALLY??; and
- 2) Why have I NEVER seen the video for "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" before now? I certainly remember hearing it in my YMCA gymnastics class when I was five (for the record: I sucked. Anytime we were supposed to do anything more complicated than a somersault I just rolled around and dramatically fluttered my hands thinking no one would notice I wasn't doing what I was supposed to).
Regardless, watch. And then watch again. And then send it to your friends. And then watch again. Just like Showgirls, it only gets better every time you see it.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Hummer: Regina Spektor's "Blue Lips"
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models