Hummer: "Total Esclipe Of The Heart" -- the literal version
By Noah Michelson
This is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've seen all year. You're probably thinking, "Yeah, yeah, whatever," but really. Seriously. This. Is. The. Funniest. Thing. I've. Seen. All. Year. And after seeing it -- and howling and swatting away the big plashy tears that were rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard I thought I might throw up -- I wondered:
- 1) Who knew the video for this song was so f-in' cracked out? I mean, yes -- people did a lot of drugs in the '80s -- but really? REALLY??; and
- 2) Why have I NEVER seen the video for "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" before now? I certainly remember hearing it in my YMCA gymnastics class when I was five (for the record: I sucked. Anytime we were supposed to do anything more complicated than a somersault I just rolled around and dramatically fluttered my hands thinking no one would notice I wasn't doing what I was supposed to).
Regardless, watch. And then watch again. And then send it to your friends. And then watch again. Just like Showgirls, it only gets better every time you see it.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Hummer: Regina Spektor's "Blue Lips"
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It