American Gladiators coming to a theater near you
By Noah Michelson
From the file of really bad ideas... apparently a movie based on the television series American Gladiators is in the works. Johnny Ferraro, who created the steroid-packed competition which pits ordinary people against godlike athletes over 20 years ago and is helping to bring the series to the big screen along with producer Scott Mednick, noted that the show was originally conceived of as a film but the property "took a detour and became a TV phenomenon." Mednick has produced several other beefcake films including 300, Superman Returns, and is hard at work at a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles update.
Really? This is really happening? I mean -- I like watching muscley meatheads sheathed in a thin layer of
spandex and wielding giant q-tips as much as the next queer but do we
really need an entire movie with a plot and dialogue and acting?
Is that even possible (especially the acting part)?
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Quickies: Freedom '90 Edition
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!