What to Wear To A Men's Studies Conference?
Obviously, the best dressed professor in movies or literature or movies from literature is Jeremy Irons in Lolita. But then again, in what role is Jeremy Irons not the best dressed whatever? Best dressed Aramis. Best dressed Scar. Best dressed Fokine. He always manages to be both refined and informal. Frank Langella, also a favorite professorial type, is a little bit too chunky and purposefully fits the aesthetic of a semi-defeated academic. Bill Murray as Professor Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters is beholdent to the fashion schemata of the 1980's. Therefore, Irons is my archetype. Of course, my own sartorial choices are somewhat limited by my decision to bring only one pair of pants, two dress shirts and one sweater. Nevertheless, delimited by my lack of choice, I've sought to preserve Irons' elan.
-- JOSHUA DAVID STEIN
Previously > Field Study: Mantreal Tweets
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends