The Twinks Shall Inherit the Earth
By Noah Michelson
To say any more would be a spoiler. But, yes, if you were wondering, it does involve the modern-day Judah/Fishback calling the White House complaint line. "I want more than gay marriage," he whines. "I want the government to find me a fucking boyfriend." It would also be a spoiler to explain why the moment he finally gets through on the line to make his desperate request is such a moving show of faith—in G-d, love, or both. But it is. "I haven't had sex since the war started," Judah/Fishback says elsewhere, meaning the Iraq war, "so whenever I hear the body count, I'm, like, 'I'm not getting laid.'"
It's impossible to watch Fishback and not think of seventies Woody Allen, when his clinically depressed observations about the shitty, unjust state of the world twinned perfectly with his insufferable solipsism. But You Will Experience Silence is Allen through a deeply faggy lens that, remarkably in our post-gay era, feels genuinely subversive.
If you're in or near New York, try to see it. Then beware the silly twink who decides to get up and fight.
-- TIM MURPHY
Previously > Oldest living hair-rockers tell all
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...