The joys of public penis art
By Noah Michelson
One of my fellow Out staff members (he'll remain nameless to protect what little innocence he's managed to hold onto) sent me the above picture. He snapped it somewhere on the streets of New York and it reminded me of the 60ft painted phallus we featured last week.
Note the cultural lessons we can learn by studying the differences between the two instances of public penis art: in America we are apparently less concerned with size (though, given the scale, we still like 'em ample), here we're still primarily fans of the cut variety, and whereas the Brits hide their desires on their parents' rooftops, we happily, proudly display them on any old bus shelter.
We're hoping to make our public penis art posts more of a regular thing. If you see one, snap it and send it to us Popnography@Out.com.
Previously > In praise of teenage size queens
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS