The joys of public penis art
By Noah Michelson
One of my fellow Out staff members (he'll remain nameless to protect what little innocence he's managed to hold onto) sent me the above picture. He snapped it somewhere on the streets of New York and it reminded me of the 60ft painted phallus we featured last week.
Note the cultural lessons we can learn by studying the differences between the two instances of public penis art: in America we are apparently less concerned with size (though, given the scale, we still like 'em ample), here we're still primarily fans of the cut variety, and whereas the Brits hide their desires on their parents' rooftops, we happily, proudly display them on any old bus shelter.
We're hoping to make our public penis art posts more of a regular thing. If you see one, snap it and send it to us [email protected].
Previously > In praise of teenage size queens
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film