The joys of public penis art
By Noah Michelson
One of my fellow Out staff members (he'll remain nameless to protect what little innocence he's managed to hold onto) sent me the above picture. He snapped it somewhere on the streets of New York and it reminded me of the 60ft painted phallus we featured last week.
Note the cultural lessons we can learn by studying the differences between the two instances of public penis art: in America we are apparently less concerned with size (though, given the scale, we still like 'em ample), here we're still primarily fans of the cut variety, and whereas the Brits hide their desires on their parents' rooftops, we happily, proudly display them on any old bus shelter.
We're hoping to make our public penis art posts more of a regular thing. If you see one, snap it and send it to us [email protected].
Previously > In praise of teenage size queens
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet