Observe and Report better off unobserved and not reported
By Noah Michelson
There are several folks up in arms about the "date rape" scene, but I'm not sure why that scene is being singled out as more unpleasant and problematic than anything else in the film: Ronnie could be composing a playbook on how to be the most awful human being in the world, which could be funny if played right, but in Observe & Report, every scene is about Ronnie making other people's lives miserable or having further misery heaped on top of him, and it just gets exhausting. Luckily, the film itself provides a line that sums up it all up: "I thought this was going to be funny, but its just really sad."
I still love Anna Faris, though. Just watch her clips from the movie online and go rent The House Bunny instead.
-- A. RAYMOND JOHNSON
Previously > Fast & Furious: Muscle cars and just plain muscles
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection