Obsessed... with girl fighting
By Noah Michelson
The second hour of the movie gets more compelling, as the big scene comes to a close, and the payoff had some good moments, but overall leaves you a bit deflated. So because we love Beyonce and want her to succeed, here are some films that can help show how its done.
For old-school classic woman-on-woman fighting action, Switchblade Sisters and Coffy is the best exploitation double-header you could hope for, featuring women kicking the asses of both men and women, with days and days of quotable lines.
Halle Berry is rumored to be up for a special achievement award from G.L.O.W. [Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling] for her classic female fighting work in both Die Another Day and Catwoman (where she fights with another G.L.O.W. honoree Sharon Stone). Watch them go at it during the only 4 minutes of the Razzie-award-winning movie worth watching!
The absolute number one movie for watching slick, bone-crunching moves between women is, of course, Kill Bill. It is impossible to pick the best fight even within the two volumes, but here's The Bride v. Copperhead for our Monday morning pleasure, because it shows Obsessed how to do it even better.
-- A. RAYMOND JOHNSON
Previously > Quickies: Industry hazards
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Anne Rice Brings Back Lestat For New Novel
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Casting Net: Teen Wolf Adds Gay Lacrosse Player To Show's Locker Room
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2