This week's must-see NYC concert agenda
By Courtney Nichols
- On Friday and Saturday night the 5-piece live electronic band Lotus are invading The Bowery Ballroom at 6 Delancey Street. A favorite of San Francisco and Boulder flower children clad in psychedelic hammer pants and daisy headbands, The Lower East Side will become a 48-hour sea of drifters dancing to the sound of taxi horns and garbage trucks long after Lotus's last song is complete. Their most recent album, Hammerstrike, is a fluid combination of solid bass beats and ambient guitar solos. Without a single static fan, Lotus concerts are akin to a Studio 54 dance floor (just with less spandex and more ripped denim).
Don't worry, upon your return The Click List will be scheduled and YouTube will once again feature a 30-second clip of munchkin babies. But at least you know that while other people stayed home, you got yourself a taste of New York City's finest musical revues.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan