Whoopi Goldberg, Charles Busch, & Lypsinka are Legends!
By Noah Michelson
After 30 years Legends! -- the infamous Broadway-play-that-never-was -- is finally making its debut in NYC. The original touring productions featured Carol Channing, Joan Collins, and Mary Martin as aging rival stars who paraded around in furs. The new PETA-friendly revival will feature Whoopi Goldberg camping it up alongside drag legends Charles Busch and Lypsinka -- all three decked out in fake furs.
The one-night-only revival of Legends is tonight at NYC's Town Hall and proceeds will benefit Friends in Deed, a crisis center helping those dealing with life changing circumstances like HIV and cancer. Tickets are available here.
Previously > Heathers musical in the works
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Beyoncé Liberated