Our queer American forefather?
By Noah Michelson
Stephen Spielberg's long-awaited biopic about Abraham Lincoln seems to finally have reached pre-production. While you might be thinking "who cares?" we'd like relay three bits of information that might make you sit up and take notice:
> Abraham Lincoln shared a bed with his best friend, Joshua Speed, for four years. The men were 28 and 23-years-old respectively , and it isn't clear whether they were "trying on each other's stovepipe hats" or were merely trying to keep warm on those cold Illinois winter nights.
> Playwright Tony Kushner -- famous for his genius drama Angels in America -- is penning the screenplay.
> Understated hunk Liam Neeson (most recently seen saving his daugther from white slavery in Paris) is rumored to be playing the 16th President.
Previously > Don't get Taken in
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out