Our queer American forefather?
By Noah Michelson
Stephen Spielberg's long-awaited biopic about Abraham Lincoln seems to finally have reached pre-production. While you might be thinking "who cares?" we'd like relay three bits of information that might make you sit up and take notice:
> Abraham Lincoln shared a bed with his best friend, Joshua Speed, for four years. The men were 28 and 23-years-old respectively , and it isn't clear whether they were "trying on each other's stovepipe hats" or were merely trying to keep warm on those cold Illinois winter nights.
> Playwright Tony Kushner -- famous for his genius drama Angels in America -- is penning the screenplay.
> Understated hunk Liam Neeson (most recently seen saving his daugther from white slavery in Paris) is rumored to be playing the 16th President.
Previously > Don't get Taken in
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Beyoncé Liberated
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'