Michael Jackson Sells Out 50 Summer Shows
By Jessanne Collins
Photo: Getty Images
Do you personally know anyone that would pay the full Ticketmaster-inflated price to see a Michael Jackson concert in the year 2009? How about five people? Ten? A MILLION!? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, clearly you don't live in Europe, a continent which is as downright bananas for Blanket's dad as if it weren't a day past 1988.
All 50 dates of Jackson's big summer comeback/retirement run at London's O2 arena -- more than a million tickets -- sold out on Friday in a matter of hours. (That includes 40 shows additional to the original 10-show run that was announced earlier this month via a bizarro press conference.) Lazy blokes who didn't queue up will be on the dole after they shell out between £170 and £10,000 (or $240 and $14,000) for second-hand tickets on Ebay.
Previously > Two contestants told to "Beat It" on American Idol
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters