WTF YouTube clip of the day: Nixon on Archie Bunker & Homosexuality
By Noah Michelson
Jason, Out magazine's jovial, perpetually heaven-scented, and heavily tattooed assistant photo editor, recently sent me this video and it's too ridiculous not to share with you all.
In the clip, recorded in the Oval Office on May 13, 1971, Richard Nixon and his aides, White House Chief of Staff Bob Haldeman and Chief Domestic Advisor John Ehrlichman, discuss the dooming of our great nation due to -- you guessed it -- homos! The conversation is ignited when Nixon tells his cronies about the "fairy" he saw on an episode of Archie Bunker, and from there it swerves from the fall of the Greek and Roman empires (again -- us gays ruining everything with our rampant, deviant, insatiable -- and in those cases toga wearing -- sexual appetites) to the reason that "fashion has made women look so terrible" which is -- uh huh, that's right -- the "Goddamn" queer designers who "hate women."
Behold and be mesmer-terrified:
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > WTF YouTube Clip: Durex "balloon" animals
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Meet RuPaul's Drag Race's New, Bulgier Pit Crew
- OUT On The Street: Black & Blue Composition