Vladimir Putin is a Dancing Queen?
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
Austrialian Abba tribute band Bjorn Again (can we just stop right there and all take a second to bask in the sheer ridiculous awesomeness of that name? OK -- ready to continue?) claims it was hired by the Kremlin to play an intimate show for Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Bjorn Again says it was paid £20,000 to play the gig 200 miles north of Moscow on January 22. "It was the smallest audience we have ever played to but Mr. Putin was really enjoying it, shouting 'Bravo' and clapping with the others," said Aileen Mclaughlin, who performs as Abba's blonde Agnetha Faltskog.
Though a representative for Putin denies the concert took place, we're way too in love with the following image to not believe Mclaughlin when she relays that "[Putin] was dancing along in his seat to 'Super Trooper' and raised his hands in the air during 'Mamma Mia' when we asked the audience to." Perhaps the secret to world peace -- like the secret to the perfect Friday night dance party mix or Saturday night make out session soundtrack or Sunday afternoon apartment cleaning playlist -- is Swedish disco-pop?
Previously > Hummer: Regina Spektor's "Fidelilty" fights for gay marriage
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Meet RuPaul's Drag Race's New, Bulgier Pit Crew