Vladimir Putin is a Dancing Queen?
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
Austrialian Abba tribute band Bjorn Again (can we just stop right there and all take a second to bask in the sheer ridiculous awesomeness of that name? OK -- ready to continue?) claims it was hired by the Kremlin to play an intimate show for Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Bjorn Again says it was paid £20,000 to play the gig 200 miles north of Moscow on January 22. "It was the smallest audience we have ever played to but Mr. Putin was really enjoying it, shouting 'Bravo' and clapping with the others," said Aileen Mclaughlin, who performs as Abba's blonde Agnetha Faltskog.
Though a representative for Putin denies the concert took place, we're way too in love with the following image to not believe Mclaughlin when she relays that "[Putin] was dancing along in his seat to 'Super Trooper' and raised his hands in the air during 'Mamma Mia' when we asked the audience to." Perhaps the secret to world peace -- like the secret to the perfect Friday night dance party mix or Saturday night make out session soundtrack or Sunday afternoon apartment cleaning playlist -- is Swedish disco-pop?
Previously > Hummer: Regina Spektor's "Fidelilty" fights for gay marriage
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad