Slumdog Fever is Contagious
By Jessanne Collins
Photo: Getty Images
Slumdog Millionaire looks like its set to sweep the Oscars, but in the meantime, millionaire mania is sweeping the entire planet.
In Britain, the movie's producers are reportedly working on a spin-off of the reality show Secret Millionaire, in which well-to-do business people infiltrate poor communities and do charity work. In the new incarnation, called -- wait for it -- Secret Slumdog Millionaire, the setting will be the Mumbai slums.
Meanwhile in Mumbai, Bollywood star Preity Zinta, who was inspired by the film to take a stand on cleaning up the city, put her money where her mouth is and celebrated her 34th birthday by adopting 34 orphaned girls. She's not out to show up Angelina, this being a rather more symbolic adoption, but as the girls' guardian, "Preity will take care of finances for their basic needs like food, clothing and education."
Previously > Glitter, Glamour, and Guzzling at the Golden Globes
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film