Lesbian wedding bells to ring next week on All My Children
By Noah Michelson
Move over, Nuke! Happy Lesbian Day! On February 13 and 16, All My Children's gay super couple, Reese and Bianca will tie the lesbian knot. It's a historic milestone for daytime TV as no other gay soap couple has ever walked down the aisle... until now. Their popular coupling even resulted in a Soap Opera Digest cover story! Editorial director Lynn Leahey tells out.com, “When Soap Opera Digest learned about the upcoming wedding, of course we wanted to feature it on our cover. It’s a big moment for All My Children and a milestone for daytime.”
Unfortunately, out.com has to deliver some bad news: We have learned that Emmy and Spirit Award winner Eden Riegel (Bianca) will be leaving the soap shortly. However, sources tell out.com that Tamara Braun (Reese) will be sticking around for "a while longer." Could her bisexual tendencies be the reason? Bet on it, soap bitches.
If you're already missing Riegel, check out her LOL-series, Imaginary Bitches here. And for our exclusive interview with Eden and Tamara, head over to Out.com.
-- NELSON BRANCO
Previously > Hot, heavy, and matrimonial
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.