Grey's Anatomy gets less gay: T.R. Knight (and Katherine Heigl) are leaving
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
US Weekly is reporting that T.R. Knight and pal Katherine Heigl will soon fake their last surgery scene. According to their costar, James Pickens Jr. (a.k.a. Grey's Dr. Richard Webber) both stars will soon be off the show. "Wherever Katherine goes, I wish her nothing but the best," Pickens Jr. said. As for T.R.? "He just wanted to pursue other career paths."
Another source tells US that Knight has had numerous talks with executive producer Shonda Rhimes and that the "writers are scrambling to find a believable exit for
George, one that would leave the door open for him to come back
Will T.R. be able to make the leap from TV star to film star or stage star? Or will he end up a VH1 reality TV star or a cruise ship star or an infomercial star and wish he'd never left his cushy prime time role? Only time will tell. But this is certain: after axing the significant lesbian action from the show last fall, Knight's departure means things are only going to get even straighter in Grey's hallowed hospital halls.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection