February 13 is "Shred Your Ex" day
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
Following Chris Brown's reported assault with a deadly weapon on February 8th, fans of Rihanna are gathering outside a New York radio station to shred Chris Brown CDs. Members of Rihanna's fan club as well as listeners from around the state are invited to attend the the "Shred Your Ex" party on February where 1000s of unlucky-in-love participants will burn, tear, gnaw at (or any such brutal technique) pictures of their exes.
According to Nancy Cambino, the station's operations manager, "Valentine's Day should stand for love so we find it fitting to make the Friday the 13th right before Valentine's Day a day for revenge for those who were unlucky in love. Whether you're a Rihanna fan or not, we can all empathize with being with someone who caused love to go wrong."
When: Friday, February 13th 10:30am
Where: The Bli Studios 555 Sunrise Highway West Babylon, NY
While we like the idea in general (nothing like a good ol' fashioned violent cathartic group moment to help bring closure), we can't help but think there's something gross about attaching it to the Rihanna/Chris Brown episode and exploiting a truly horrific crime to get a little publicity.
-- COURTNEY NICHOLS
Previously > Grammy Whammies
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend