Exclusive! Portland Mayor Sam Adams Speaks!
By Noah Michelson
It's one of those stories that seems too made-for-TV movie to be true: Young, charming, attractive openly gay man runs for mayor of a major U.S. city, wins, and before he can even take office is forced to admit that he had a relationship with a teenage legislative intern -- whose name is, no lie, Beau Breedlove -- several years earlier.
Now Sam Adams is dealing with the aftermath of his admission (he denied similar allegations when they popped up in 2007) but refuses to resign from his new position. In an Out.com exclusive, Portland's mayor discusses his decision to stay in office, how he plans to weather the scandal, and disappointing his supporters:
Sam Adams: I
totally understand why they’re angry. I’ve let them down. I’m very,
very sorry for that. I made a bad decision. And the best thing I can do
right now is to work at trying to make amends by serving the people of
Portland the best I can.
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet