Icky Ideas in Advertising
By Nick Burns
As a skate brand, Zoo York doesn't have to play by the rules. They earn street cred with zany antics, guerrilla style advertising and irreverent behavior, but their latest advertising efforts are actually pretty stomach-churning.
In the video above, they ask for people to submit their own videos about how they spread the word about Zoo York. What's disturbing is their "example." They spray painted the Zoo York logo on a bunch of cockroaches and threw them at unsuspecting people all over Lower Manhattan.
I'm not sure that helps to boost the company's bottom line. Seeing a company's logo on a cockroach doesn't really make me want to go out and buy one of their hoodies. A pair of shoes maybe... only so I could step on said cockroaches while screaming like the big queen that I am and running for my life.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Actor Brandon Tyler Harris explains the importance of Sal Bardo's Pink Moon