Simon Doonan Does Madonna
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Most queens would be reduced to a giddy, nervous mess if they were going to meet Madonna in person. But it's nice to know that super-homo Simon Doonan, creative director of Barneys New York, author of Eccentric Glamour (available now!) and hubby to Jonathan Adler, still gets nervous around her Madgesty despite hanging out with flocks of celebrities and diva designers.
In his hysterical—and gushy—profile in ELLE this month, Doonan describes his nervousness: "I feel as if I am about to encounter God—or have a colonoscopy, or both." And once meeting her, he gets right down to the girl talk with quizzes her about her clothes and shamelessly pries into her marriage to Guy Ritchie. And that is why Simon Doonan is one of our favorite people in the whole gay world.
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film