Simon Doonan Does Madonna
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Most queens would be reduced to a giddy, nervous mess if they were going to meet Madonna in person. But it's nice to know that super-homo Simon Doonan, creative director of Barneys New York, author of Eccentric Glamour (available now!) and hubby to Jonathan Adler, still gets nervous around her Madgesty despite hanging out with flocks of celebrities and diva designers.
In his hysterical—and gushy—profile in ELLE this month, Doonan describes his nervousness: "I feel as if I am about to encounter God—or have a colonoscopy, or both." And once meeting her, he gets right down to the girl talk with quizzes her about her clothes and shamelessly pries into her marriage to Guy Ritchie. And that is why Simon Doonan is one of our favorite people in the whole gay world.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula