Simon Doonan on Picking the Perfect Holiday Sweater
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Lost for what to buy that special someone for the holidays? Let Simon Doonan help! For this year's gift guide, Simon Doonan, creative director of Barneys New York, offers up some tips for dressing the part, making holiday shopping a breeze, and inventive ways to decorate your home for the season! Here's just one little pearl of wisdom from Mr. Doonan:
Out: How do you feel about holiday sweaters?
Simon Doonan: They are great! It’s a shame that there’s a diminishing interest in Christmas sweaters. The more explicit they are, the better. I hate subtle ones. It should have a damn great tree slapped on the front of it with huge baubles hanging off of it. There’s nothing worse than a subtle and restrained holiday sweater. It should have metallics and exclamation marks. The holidays are a time to put your notions of good taste on hold and enjoy yourself.
For more from Mr. Doonan, visit Out's Holiday Gift Guide Q&A by clicking here!
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower