Valentino Heads to the Middle East; Topshop in NYC; Duran Duran on Broadway; Paris Hilton Style Thief?
By Nick Burns
While Yohji Yamamoto and Karl Lagerfeld head to the Far East to show their collections, Valentino announced yesterday that he will show his final Spring 2008 collection again...(wait for it)...in the Middle East. The designer plans to show during Abu Dhabi's fashion week on November 17th...what retirement? [Fashionista]
Topshop, the UK's answer to H&M and purveyors of Kate Moss' fashion dabblings, is rumored to have found a stateside home in the heart of NYC's SoHo neighborhood. Except no one told long-time Soho resident store, Yellow Rat Bastard, who currently resides at Topshop's rumored Manhattan address. [Fashion Week Daily]
Here's the strangest story of the day: The has-been 80s band Duran Duran (yes, I said it.) is performing on Broadway; Their clothes are designed by Juicy Couture; Celebrities plan to attend opening night; They have a story in WWD. Is this the twilight zone? [WWD]
Paris Hilton is being sued by a woman who claims the heiress stole her style...and claims emotional distress. Seriously? According to Fashionista, the woman alleges that Hilton "stole O'Neill's idea to expose her underwear under her trousers.
O'Neill also claims Paris swiped her idea to shop in vintage stores for
retro dresses." I didn't realize that dressing like a slut or wearing vintage clothes were registered trademarks. [Fashionista]
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula