Spa Treatment or Torture Technique?
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Skin care and spa treatments can sometimes be torture. That hurt-so-good deep tissue massage or blackhead destroying "extraction" during your facial are prime examples of the great lengths we'll go for beauty. But how well do you know your spa treatments? Radar, in all of its brilliance, offers a quiz to test your knowledge of treatment vs. torture.
Here's one from the quiz to get you thinking:
"The "Scotch Hose" technique requires the subject to stand naked facing a wall while being blasted with a high-pressure hose."
Here are some other techniques that walk the line of treatment and torture:
Running electrical current through the skin to increase oxygen flow and kill bacteria.
Using a high-powered vacuum on the face to clear pores.
Injecting neurotoxins into the face and body to erase wrinkles and reduce excessive sweating.
Burning the skin using focused-energy lasers to refine the texture and reduce wrinkles.
Venture on over to RadarOnline to test your knowledge!
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- Slideshow: Topman x SIBLING Holiday Collection
- WATCH: Bway's Nick Adams in his Pajamas in 'Christmas With the Skivvies'
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)