Style Council: The Nicholas K. Byard Trench
By Nick Burns
Nicholas K.'s take on the classic trench coat gives the iconic outerwear an urban and modern overhaul with a removable rabbit fur hood and zippered vest. The gray hue is a nod to the gray leather jackets of the 80s (which are slated to make a comeback) while the overall styling includes heavy military overtones. After all, the trench coat was born during World War I when Burberry was commissioned by the government to produce a coat for the troops engaged in trench warfare.
What do you think? Is the coat fabulous fashion or a fashion flop?
Post a comment with your vote!
Nicholas K. Byard Trench, $773, at Bloomingdale's
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles