Plan of Attack: Roberto Cavalli for H&M
By Nick Burns
Photos: Courtesy of H&M
Designer collaborations with low-cost retailers always create a running-of-the-bulls-style stampede to the store. But, we've got the inside scoop on Roberto Cavalli's line for H&M and we'll help you design your plan of attack for the November 8th shopping blitz.
H&M's website features photos of the full line from underwear to suits. Surprisingly enough, the men's line lacks the Cavalli's usual love for animal prints and bold colors—he reserved those embellishments for the women's items.
Here's what to buy, and what to leave behind for the hordes:
Trench Coat ($198): Buy - It's a fall staple and Cavalli's tailoring is sure to please.
Wool Suit ($299): Buy - A well-tailored Italian suit is tough to come by at this price
Jeans ($69.90): Buy - Cavalli is well known for his excellent fit.
Brown Leather Jacket ($249): Buy/Pass — I'm not a big fan of leather jackets but the motorcycle styling of this one is nice. At the price, don't expect super-high quality leather.
Waistcoat ($49.90): Pass - I'm not a fan of the vest trend.
Cardigan ($79.90): Pass - Looks too much like a bathrobe.
Black Button Down Shirt ($59.90): Pass - Only pass if it's sheer (it looks sheer in the photo), lest you look like something the 90s club scene coughed up.
T-shirts & Underwear: Pass.
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- A Shirtless Michael J. Willett Performs Stripped Down Cover of Natasha Bedingfield