Passing Judgment: Ari Gold and Jewelry
By Nick Burns
Photo: DJ Sparber
Few men can pull of wearing a necklace—let alone three or four at one time—without looking like a douche bag. But necklaces—not your tacky gold chains but eye catching pendants—are making a return. Stylish neckwear (no, not ties) is crossing over from the bling-adorned hip hop artists and reaching more mainstream street-styles—and with Pharrell Williams designing necklaces for Louis Vuitton, the trend will only grow.
Fears of douchebaggery didn't stop Ari Gold from sporting handful of necklaces when he stopped by Good Times at gay hot spot Eastern Bloc in Manhattan's East Village. Each necklace is strategically placed to draw your attention to the gay R&B crooner's neck and chest—of course, it helps to hit the gym a bit before attracting furtive glances. If Ari (we're on a first-name basis) wore a choker, he might not get the same effect.
His outfit wasn't anything spectacular: A sleeveless, slightly unzipped hoodie (perfect for a night out during the unseasonably warm nights that currently plague NYC), jeans and a mohawk. But it's the necklaces (and the
balls confidence to wear them) that finish the look.
If you're going to sport some jewelry, be sure to follow Coco Chanel's advice and remove the last piece of jewelry you put on before leaving the house.
- A GAY LOVE LETTER TO JAMES FRANCO
- WATCH: Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag
- Fund This: EastSiders Launches Kickstarter Campaign For Second Season
- Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki