Out Inspires Designer Birthday Suits
By Nick Burns
We've created a naked gay monster! After featuring Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford in the suits their momma gave them in our pages, other designers are ditching their threads to put their naked bodies on display!
According to this week's issue of DNR, reactions to Tom Ford's "frolicking stark naked under the showers like a prep-school kid who just came out of the closet and won a lead in the senior-year musical" were mixed. But that didn't stop Thom Browne from stripping off his ankle-baring suits for the Fall/Winter issue of British GQ Style while being snapped by famed photog Terry Richardson (who also photographed Tom Ford's...layout).
Okay, so maybe we can't claim sole credit for the display of designer man flesh. DNR, a publication that is always on the hunt for high-end and bespoke birthday suits, recalled that Tom Ford bared his bum in W magazine in 2005, and Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana showed some skin in the same magazine earlier this year. And Yves Saint Laurent actually wins the medal for first nudist in 1971 when he modeled sans clothing for his own fragrance ad.
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Erasure's Andy Bell On the Magic & Melancholy of Christmas
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- Six By Sondheim: James Lapine Directs HBO Doc
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream