Diesel Infects YouTube With Viral Advertising
By Nick Burns
Infectious viral videos spreading through YouTube are all the rage in advertising these days but it's rare for a major fashion brand to hop onto the bandwagon. Unless of course, you're Diesel, a company that is known for its inventive (and sometimes absurd) marketing tactics. Remember Denim Dating?
In the video above, the Italian brand remixed a cheeseball instructional disco dance video to advertise their Freezy Sneakers. Somehow, through some CGI or editing brilliance, they managed to outfit the instructor in Diesel sneakers while he shook his hip-thrusting groove thang.
I think I had a flashback from my rave days in high school...only I was stuck in a retirement home where everyone was popping Viagra.
I'd love to see what Diesel's ad agency could do for the "Leave Britney Alone" video. Maybe they could turn it into a "Get Hairapy" commercial for Sunsilk.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack
- Which Oscar-Diva Movie Should You See?
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?