Your Fall Reading (Skimming) List
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Skip Sophocles, Dante and Shakespeare and add these fashion tomes to your fall reading list!
New York Look Book: A Gallery Of Street Fashion by Amy Larocca and Jake Chessum ($24.95) Amazon.com
Fashion and interviews from the streets of New York City snapped by
the writer and photographer who create New York Magazine's weekly
fashion centerfold. But with these centerfolds you won't feel like an idiot when you say "I read the articles!"
Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster by Dana Thomas ($27.95) Amazon.com
Dana Thomas explores how luxury brands, once reserved the the upper
echelons of the rich, have become marketing machines. It's a must-read
for anyone who is obsessed with fashion and designer duds. But will it
make you buy fewer pairs of Prada sunglasses? Of course not!
Misshapes by Geordon Nicol, Greg Krelenstein, and Leigh Lezark ($25.00) Amazon.com
A collection of photos from the almost-legendary and now-defunct Misshapes party in Manhattan. Check out the fashion of New York City nightlife including attendees Hedi Slimane, Madonna, Bloc Party, Peaches, Debbie Harry, Evan Rachel Wood and hundreds more who ignored their parents when they said "You're going out dressed like that?"
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- The Double Life of Gillian Anderson
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips