White Shoes After Labor Day
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
While you're recovering from the long weekend of backyard barbecues and binge drinking, try not to think about the fact that Labor Day represents a last hurrah for Summer.
For many, Labor Day means returning to school or the end of half-days on Fridays. But more importantly, Labor Day means it's time to face some pressing fashion questions: What should we do with our white shoes? Can we still wear them? What about that long-standing rule about wearing white shoes after Labor Day? These are serious matters. Have you watched Serial Mom?
Luckily, Dolce & Gabbana showed winter whites on their Fall 2007 runways. Consider that a license to continue indulging your obsession with white Chuck Taylors and Jack Purcells—at least until the first signs of rain.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary