White Shoes After Labor Day
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
While you're recovering from the long weekend of backyard barbecues and binge drinking, try not to think about the fact that Labor Day represents a last hurrah for Summer.
For many, Labor Day means returning to school or the end of half-days on Fridays. But more importantly, Labor Day means it's time to face some pressing fashion questions: What should we do with our white shoes? Can we still wear them? What about that long-standing rule about wearing white shoes after Labor Day? These are serious matters. Have you watched Serial Mom?
Luckily, Dolce & Gabbana showed winter whites on their Fall 2007 runways. Consider that a license to continue indulging your obsession with white Chuck Taylors and Jack Purcells—at least until the first signs of rain.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.