Oldham for Old Navy; Armani Gets Hung Up; Hedi Slimane on Leaving Dior Homme; GQ is Over the Hill; Versace's Niece Debuts Collection
By Nick Burns
Todd Oldham, interior designer and host of Top Design on Bravo, was named creative director of Old Navy. Will Old Navy clothes begin to look like upholstery? [WWD]
Giorgio Armani unveiled a new co-branded cell phone with Samsung, a couple months after he denied reports that he was jumping into the electronics market. The phone will launch in Armani boutiques and limited electronics stores in Europe in November and other markets in 2008. The cost? $915. Will it be worth the wait? Time goes by, so slowly! [Fashion Week Daily]
Former Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane chatted with the French newspaper Le Monde and dished about his split with Dior and why he is tired of designing for men. [WWD]
GQ editor, Jim Nelson dishes on 50 years at the esteemed fashion magazine for men. Cocktails in the office everyday at five? Oh, the good ol' days! [NY Daily News]
Gianni Versace's niece Francesca Versace will debut her first collection, Francesca V, at Paris Fashion week. [Guadian UK]
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix