Madonna Vs. Vogue; We Heart A.P.C.; Garment District Woes; Fashion Week Music
By Nick Burns
According to Portfolio's Jeff Bercovici, Anna Wintour (who inspired Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada) wanted Madonna for the cover of Fashion Rocks magazine, which is delivered with most of the fall issues of Condé Nast titles as a promotion for the big concert airing tomorrow night. But to snag the cover, you have to perform at the concert and Madge declined. Fashionistas everywhere are dumbfounded that anyone could say "NO" to Wintour. But leave it to Madge to out-diva the queen of Vogue. [Portfolio via NY Mag]
We love A.P.C. here here's why: [NY Times]
Thanks to rezoning, the Garment District might have to relocate to more affordable neighborhoods...please don't say to Jersey. [WWD]
Fashion Week is full of random music, says NY Times before complaining that what the younguns are calling music these days is just too darn loud. [NY Times]
- Tegan And Sara Call Miley Cyrus 'This Generation's Madonna'
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team