Falling for The Bachelor
By Nick Burns
Photo: Edward Herrera/American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
I don't usually condone the act of watching senseless reality television—I pride myself on the fact that I've missed every single season of Survivor—let alone wasting valuable drool over a straight man. But last night's season kick off of the Bachelor made me want to change my mind about both.
This season's Bachelor, Brad Womack, is...for lack of a better word...gorgeous. The carefully airbrushed promotional picture here doesn't really do the guy justice—especially in that hideous shirt that just drips with heterosexuality (can we get the guy a stylist please?).
My sister at Popnography ignored my repeated begging (please, Shana, please!) that she post about his hotness (those eyes! those eyebrows! that scruffy beard! the body!), so I'm taking matters into my own hands to spread the gospel of The Bachelor.
It's clear that the producers of the show hope to capitalize on his dashing looks and are angling to capture the gay audience with these soft core videos of Mr. Bachelor working out, showering and cooking in the near-nude. But I'm not complaining.
And he has a twin brother—let's hope that he's on our team.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series