Dsquared Gets Fergalicious; Armani's Second Life & Mobile Phone; Ferré's New Man
By Nick Burns
Dean and Dan Caten, the Canadian designers behind Dsquared, felt a little Fergalicious in Fergie's new music video for her song "Clumsy." The designers are featured in the video as Fergie Ferg struts the Dsquared runway and becomes fashion roadkill after a stumble. Dean and Dan will also feature fellow-pop-diva Rihanna on their runway show tomorrow in Milan—perhaps she'll carry a Dsquared umbrella-ella-ella? [WWD]
Armani opened his virtual store in Second Life today. But who wants their virtual self to dress better than they do in real life? [Fashion Week Daily]
In other Armani news: Take a look at the new Giorgio Armani designed Samsung mobile phone! It won't unseat the iPhone but maybe it will beat Prada's mobile for second place—or not. Personally, I prefer the look of the Prada phone. [Engadget]
Read up on the new head of Gianfranco Ferré, Lars Nilsson. His resume includes working for Chanel, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Christian Lacroix, Nina Ricci and Bill Blass. Where hasn't this guy worked? Maybe his next gig will be Baby Phat. [Fashion Week Daily]
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower