Is Kate Moss Too Old For Burberry?
By Nick Burns
Photo: Getty Images
Is Kate Moss no longer the reigning waif of fashion?
According to Digital Spy (via Radar), Kate Moss was ousted as the face of Burberry, a brand that has featured her consistently over the past 10 years. The 33 year old mother and paparazzi princess has been replaced with younger crop of It Girls: 21 year old model of the moment Agyness Deyn and 20 year old Lily Donaldson. Digital Spy also reports that Agent Provocateur dropped Moss from their ad campaign for Daisy Lowe.
So what exactly happened? It wasn't long ago that every ad in fashion magazines featured Moss—her stock even soared after the alleged cocaine scandal. Was it the media saturation, her high priced services, the drug-addled boyfriend, her age? Did Burberry find out that Kate was two-timing with Roberto Cavalli this fall?
A Burberry spokesperson told The Sun that Kate is "still part of the Burberry family".
But it sounds like Moss is no longer the favorite child of the family, but the estranged, eccentric Aunt.
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Leslie Jordan Go Bold for Doritos
- CDC Reports Rise In Unprotected Sex Among Gay Men
- Trailer Park: Kit Harington, Kellan Lutz, and Sullivan Stapleton
- Small Engine Repair: Keegan Allen & James Talk Facebook Fears
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?