In Memoriam: Gianfranco Ferré
By Nick Burns
One last look: A style from Gianfranco Ferré's Fall 2007 menswear collection.
Photo: Getty Images
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Italian designer Gianfranco Ferré. He passed away suddenly on Sunday from a brain hemorrhage at the age of 62. He was one of the biggest names in Italian fashion in the 80s and 90s, and even took the helm at Christian Dior for a time. For more information about the man's legendary accomplishments and lasting influence on the fashion industry, check out the New York Times story.
Despite Ferré's untimely passing, WWD reported today that his company will continue to produce collections in his name. [WWD (subscription required)]
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- 19th Annual Out100