Gettin' Hitched in Style!
By Nick Burns
Future newlyweds take note! If you want to plan a luxurious gay wedding, your guests will need some basic information: What to wear, where to stay, where to buy your gifts, etc. What better way to disseminate all of this matrimonial information than through a website? It costs less than printing the information on stationary and mailing the info to each honored guest. Tacky, you say? No! This is the 21st century! (okay, maybe it's a little tacky).
Take a gander at National Book Award Winner Andrew Solomon and journalist John Habich's marital website. If you're Andy and Johnny, you'll throw your merry bash at Althorp in England—the estate of the Spencer family (of Princess Diana fame). You'll register at Baccarat for fine crystal, William Yeoward glasses from Bergdorf Goodman, and various nurseries for trees to plant at your quaint country home.
Most importantly, you'll request that your guests dress appropriately and recommend morning suits for your afternoon ceremony—it's too early for eveningwear, afterall. We learned all of the nitty gritty details about these lovebirds from their helpful website—it's almost like we were actually invited! It sure beats a MySpace page.
For more about our lovebirds, check out Radar.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It