Clooney's true colors show at Cannes?
By shana naomi
All photos by Getty Images
Popping in from Popnography to reassure you that there's no need to worry:
George Clooney has not suddenly aged 20 years in a day. After a careful and lengthy analysis the change in appearance has been scientifically explained: it's the hair.
Witness up there, yesterday (give or take an international date line) at Cannes. Yes, the usual dashing thing is in effect. But there's a strange crinkliness beyond his usual twinkly-eyed wise-gruff-look going on. I think he's lost a little weight and it shows especially in his face and neck. But the combined effect is that he looks a lot older.
However! Look, just a few months ago, his usual dark/gray hair, all is well with the world and Clooney looks handsome in that mature way befitting a gorgeous guy at age 46.
There's nothing -- nothing! -- wrong with looking your age (this all-over gray seems to be his natural look), but a sudden marked craggly-ness could have indicated something worse afoot. Maybe he should stick to black and gray tones and avoid the browns.
Plus it's selfishly good for us. Some guy paid $350,000 this week so his girlfriend could smooch Clooney at an amfAR auction. That boy is either the most open-minded honey in the history of the world OR, well, a guy who gets off watching Clooney kiss his girlfriend. Either answer is correct!
-- Shana Naomi
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale