"Shear" Recap, Double-Elimination Round!
It was double-elimination on Shear Genius last night. Not one, but two stylists were ejected. We won't say who, except that the gay quotient remained roughly the same as earlier. Has anyone thought about the other definition of the word elimination?...Nevermind!
Early in the episode, the deities of Shear, speaking through their high priestess Jaclyn, decreed that each contestant could place one five-minute phone call to any loved one of their choosing. This resulted in a spontaneous group cry, with most gushing salt water before they'd even picked up the phone. Self-declared mama's boys Tyson and Theodore called...their moms. Get a boyfriend, dudes! Daisy called her girlfriend. Makes us love you more, you spunky New Yorky lesbian latina!
Boogie continues to frequently speak in the third person: when confronted with a tray of mat knives, safety scissors and sewing shears, he mused "let's see what the Doctor would use." We've totally forgotten what Boogie chose, because the big surprise of the evening was Evangelin's rockin' use of terrier-sized garden shears on her model. She trimmed that woman's limp, silky locks as deftly as Edward Scissorhands sculpted boxwoods!
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out